Oh my goodness, I've just realized how long it's been since I've posted. I was thinking it was only a few days, but it's been nine or ten. We've been busy.
The house is decorated for Christmas except for the Christmas tree. (My honey, being a forester, is not the least bit interested in an artificial tree, so in order for it to be fresh for Christmas, he doesn't cut one until a week or so before.) Since we have the new furniture in the living room, it's been trial and error to decide where to places things. I think I have it for now, but next week, who knows? :-)
Bruder Bear is here! He arrived tonight and will be with us until Monday morning. He and his son JR will hunt with Dan for the next few days and it's so fun to have him here. Here's hoping they'll have some luck, but no matter what, I know they'll have a good time.
I'm doing some stitching in my sewing room. I bought myself a little pre-Christmas present. It's an AccuQuilt GO! fabric cutter like the one I used to make the quilt for a shop sample last spring, and I'm using dies to make 8" star blocks with the 3 Sisters Sentiments fabrics. Oh, and the runner I made last month for the coffee table using that fabric? Well, I decided it looked better on the dining room table so I'm thinking this new quilt will reside on our bed as originally planned. As I mentioned above, it's been trial and error this year in the decorating department. . .
Stay tuned! I'll be back in a day or two with picture of the in-progress Christmas quilt!
Love the retro snowman gliding across the page. Look forward to seeing your projects -- finished or not.
ReplyDeleteMy busy days continue. I'm hoping to get back to the quilt on Saturday afternoon (there's a ladies brunch at our Pastor's house in the morning) so hopefully I'll have a post then.
DeleteI'm glad you like the snowman. I was worried he added too much to the page, but I liked him, too.
No, the snowman isn't too much for the page.
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing like a live tree. As you know, we gave that up -- not being foresters. And it's fine for the way we live, actually gives me some flexibility. But -- it's not the same as a live tree.
I hope you were able to sew this weekend.
It's true that there's nothing quite like a real tree. Oh the smell! How long will you get to enjoy it?
ReplyDeleteBath and Body Works had a candle one year that did a pretty good impression of a fresh tree (the scent, that is).
We usually leave it up until after New Year's Day. Real trees get a smell when they're past their prime and then we know it's time to do the deed. Taking down the tree is such a sad thing although I remind myself it'll only be eleven months 'til there'll be one back again. :-)
DeleteWe just have to remember the secret of Christmas: It's not the things you do at Christmas but the Christmas things you do all year through. (You do lots of Christmas things, by the way.)
DeleteThanks, Kathy! Good reminder and perfect timing.
Delete