Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Catchin' Up

Yes, dear friends, we have carpet on the stairs!  And here's proof:


And notice, if you please, the trim on the windows!! Those ugly, long windows have been give a face-lift and I actually like them now!!  The final coats of paint are still needed, but isn't it amazing what wood trim does for a house?  (And yes, that's snow out the window.)  We also have plans for trim around the floor, but that's probably not happening before Christmas.  And a new railing.  

Hard Candy Christmas is coming along!  Just needs to be quilted and hopefully I'll be able to do that in the next few days.  Meanwhile, it's hanging out on my quilting machine waiting patiently.


Here's a little Christmas scene from our basement to brighten your day:


I hope to be back again before Christmas with a completed quilt, a picture of our Christmas tree (which has yet to make its arrival) and maybe some cookies.  In the meantime, remember, the real reason for this season is Jesus!  

5 comments:

  1. OOOOOOO! It all looks great! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The windows DO look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, thanks! Those windows have driven me crazy since we bought this house. I love the house, hate the windows, but since Dan trimmed them up, I think they look sooo good! It's good to have confirmation. :-)

      Delete
  3. Your basement corner.....so welcoming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my Americana Santa corner, complete with moose and dressed reindeer! It makes me smile every time I see it.

      Merry Christmas, Cindy! Love having you back in blogland. :-)

      Delete