Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hooray!

In addition to the Christmas decorations in our entryway, we have a roll of carpet pad and toolboxes.


As I type, the carpet layers are hammering down the tack strips on the stairs in preparation for laying the carpet there and in the upper hallway!!  Hallelujah!!

4 comments:

  1. Yippee! And I'm assuming this project will be finished before Christmas. However did you manage that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed we got it down by Christmas, too, but the carpet place said no problem, even though the carpet had to be ordered. Still no idea for window coverings, but Dan has framed them with molding and they look so much better!! We have some trim work still to do when the carpet meets the wall and a wood piece that goes on top of the short wall down to the landing. How many days until Christmas??

      Delete
  2. You have beautiful wood floors. Are those remaining un-covered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallie, it's not wood, just vinyl strips that look like wood. And they're coming loose at many of the seams. It's all got to go. We're thinking Pergo as I have no desire to keep up with real wood floors and little boys. That'll be a project for nsxt year.

      Delete