I just realized that I forgot to mention that a new little treat has shown up in my sewing room and I love it!
It's an adorable little Bernina B330, kind of a baby sister to my 830 (also known as Moby Stitch). I love that Berninas have a knee lift (seen on the lower right of the machine) which can raise and lower the presser foot without using hands, and I also love using the heel tap feature of the foot pedal to raise and lower the needle. Soo... for my birthday, Dan got me this little sweetheart.
Now I can sew while embroidering on Moby and its small size will be perfect to take on trips. It doesn't come with the knee lift, but I had Sam install one for me and I'm using the foot pedal from the 830 since it's not needed for embroidery. (The 330 came with a foot pedal, but the heel tap feature only comes on foot pedals for higher end machines. Since I already had one, I didn't need to buy one!)
She stitches like a dream and I've been enjoying getting to know her this week. And yes, I'm thoroughly spoiled.
(I've been wondering what to call her, then realized I called her Moby's baby sister. Then I thought about her being in the corner and of course you know what came to mind next: "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." {Name that movie...})
(I've been wondering what to call her, then realized I called her Moby's baby sister. Then I thought about her being in the corner and of course you know what came to mind next: "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." {Name that movie...})
the movie is Dirty Dancing! watched it just last night. Looks like a great little machine.
ReplyDeleteAnn
Hi Ann, thanks for stopping by! And you're absolutely correct--that's the movie!
DeleteShe's a cute baby. It's great that you've already found "Baby" to be so useful. Compatibility is good.
ReplyDeleteYes, Baby and I have bonded. She's a sweetheart!
DeleteIs the knee lift that rod that curves downward? Is it up with the knee for both up and down action to the presses foot? Hands free sewing...never thought I'd see the day! ; P
ReplyDeleteYes, it's the rod that curves downward and when you press on it, the presser foot rises, and when you stop pressing, the presser foot goes back down. Yup, hands free sewing and it's great!! Both of your Mom's machines have the same feature.
DeleteYes, and now that I have my new sewing table, it's at the right height so that I can use the knee lift. I also have that heel tap on my foot pedal but I never paid any attention to it -- until today. I decided I should practice with these conveniences.
DeleteIt took me a while to try the knee-lift and the heel tap (I guess it was a case of not knowing what I was missing because I'd never had them before), but I truly love them now. I've even read stories of ladies attending quilt camps or classes and finally almost falling out of their chairs trying to hit a knee lift that wasn't there.
DeleteFirst you have to familiarize yourself with the features and accessories so that you know what you have. Then you have to practice with those features. I've been slow to do this.
Delete