Saturday night Dan, Eric, Cameron and Keaton headed out for a little evening fishing. Here are a few pictures of the boys before they left.
And here's little brother with Dad:
After all the boys over age two left, Ann, Daniel and I went out for dinner at a local Mexican eatery and enjoyed yummy enchiladas and a new treat, fajita nachos. Yum!!!
Back in the day, my dad used to fish for trout in Little Canyon Creek. I remember when he would catch his limit -- 21 fish. He would come home after dark, call the grandparents, and everyone would show up for a breakfast of biscuits and fried fish, which we ate in the back yard. Gradually the limit decreased until it was about seven, and then he began to question that it was worth it to go.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Dan and Eric have made good memories for these boys.
Yes, the boys love to go. We have a little aluminum boat so they get to get "off land" and feel like they're really fishing. :-)
DeleteYour dad's fish fry sounds wonderful! How fun!
I commented here without the "robot" thing. I wonder if I need to change my settings. I'll talk to my tech.
ReplyDeleteI didn't start out with the robot thing, but then I added it. A while back I took it off again because the letters were getting so hard to decipher, but I can't tell you how I did it.
DeleteThose are great pictures! Keaton says he had fun fishing!
ReplyDeleteIt's just so fun to see them excited to go! (Maybe it's the pepperoni sticks?)
DeleteI love the pictures, too! I'm not the best photographer, but these are already favorites.
I don't usually have an appetite for fish in the morning...funny to think about fish for breakfast. Smoked fish? DElicious! Is there anything Dan doesn't do?
ReplyDeleteHi Hallie! Yes, this is something Dan doesn't do--my Dad smokes the fish! :-) Sorry I confused you. Dan is Papa, my dad is Great Papa. My dad was called Papa by his grandkids, starting with Matt. We didn't intend for Dan to be called Papa, too, but that's what happened when our grandsons began to give him a name. So Dad was promoted to "Great Papa" for the great grandkids.
DeleteOh yes, I see that now. :) Just reading too quickly. Well, Dan and the boys still have an important role in the smoked fish production.
Delete