It's August and it's hot. Dan just snapped this photo on our indoor-outdoor thermometer:
Note the humidity: 17%. The air is smokey and if you stand outside, there's strange feel to the air. Dan says that's because of the low humidity and the angle of the sun; it's like you can feel the sun's burning rays. I'm grateful I can be inside in air-conditioned comfort.
Meanwhile, I was supposed to be driving across central Washington on the way to Seattle with my mom and brother today, but because I'm still coughing and blowing my nose, I decided I couldn't go. Mom is going to get a new lens implant and I didn't want her to get my cold, and even more, I didn't want her to get it and give it to my dad. Dad had a terrible winter with his heart and pneumonia and there's no way I want to be responsible for his getting sick. And I'm certain a hacking cough wouldn't have been good for Mom's eye. Some of my coughs make me feel like my eyeballs could pop out and that couldn't be good for her implant.
I hope you're staying cool.
Don't you just love those indoor/outdoor digital thermometers? The high at the farm today was 98.4. We drove back to town after supper. It was 90 here at 8:40.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you made the right decision about the trip. Besides all the considerations you mention, you need to get well.
Yes, we do love that thermometer! Dan asked for it one Christmas and I got it for him, and it turns out I use it as much as he does.
DeleteThanks for the backup on staying home. I feel bad about not helping, but as I said, I would feel so much worse if mom and/or dad got this. Dan's in the woods today and I'm definitely laying low and resting.