Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Paintin' and Piecin'

I'm happy to report that there's been substantial progress being made here at the resort in the last few days.  Following the texturing of the ceilings and entryway walls, Dan has been busy priming.  It's looking more and more like a finished project!


Pardon the shadows, but he had a big light on the floor to help him see.  Nothing like white on white to drive you crazy trying to figure out where you've been.  Until it dries!  (Which is why I pretty much gave up painting about twenty-five years ago when I dissolved in tears because I couldn't figure out what I'd painted and what I hadn't.)  Anyhow, it's coming along.

And, I am more than pleased to announce that I've finally finished the top of the appliqued flower quilt!!  If you'll recall, I was making it for the shop.  I took the blocks in, arranged them on the shop's design wall, and ended up having four ladies who wanted a class.  Mission accomplished!  But I still had to sew those blocks together, so I finally brought it home and went to work. I was too lazy to bring it upstairs and lay it out on the floor, so here's a view of it spread out on my quilting machine.


You can only see half of it as the quilt has six rows of five twelve-inch blocks.  I was so pleased with how well it all went together because those points all had to meet. Using the Clearly Perfect Angles was absolutely the way to go.  I'm still in awe of how well it all worked out.   

And so, as you can see, things are progressing.  And we're glad!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I really like the quilt. It has so much dimension with all the different fabrics. I just can't quite wrap my brain around how you accomplish so much! Way to go!

    About the painting: if you can't tell whether you've already painted a spot, isn't that the same as if you had? It's a similar philosophy to the way I feel about laundry. Can't tell if it's clean? *SNIFF* Must be clean! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the quilt--it's been a lot of fun (and work!) to make, and it's taken me a while. I'm not a speedy stitcher and I'm in awe of some the ladies who work at the shop and turn out gorgeous quilts lickety-split.

      Continuing about the painting: primer is white and if the actual paint color is a similar shade, even a light yellow, I can't tell where I've been. Hence my total frustration. I *do* like your laundry philosophy! I'll have to see if I can apply it to painting. :-)

      Delete