Friday, July 13, 2012

OTN Friday

Yup, it's Friday, time to see what's happening on my knitting needles.  I'm thinking they look rather Christmasy with the red and green.  


As you can see, I'm using Patons Kroy Socks for the yarn and the color is grey ragg stripes.  When I ordered it, I thought I was getting a grey and black stripe, so when it arrived I was rather disappointed.  I still wasn't crazy about it when I was just a few inches down, but now I really like how it looks.  (Well, maybe that funny little grey-spotted heel doesn't make me smile, but it won't show.)

I was knitting away the other night and I said to Dan, "There something just so, so..." and I couldn't think of the word, "about knitting socks."  He said, "Right."   And I said, "Yes, that's it!  Knitting socks is just so right!" And it is.

As always, you can check out more knitting over at Judy's.  

10 comments:

  1. I love your sock and the funny little heel is cute. Looking at the skein though, I wouldn't think it would stripe this way. There is something just right about knitting socks. Good call Dan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! I left a comment on your blog in case you don't see this. :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the strips, going to go looking for that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I found my yard at our local JoAnn's, but I think Hobby Lobby also carries it. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. It is so right-a useful cozy little project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. It was such a simple word, but exactly the right one!

      Delete
  4. Yes there is something just so perfectly right about knitting socks! They are my favorite thing to knit! And striped socks are my favorite kind of socks - great yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol--thanks for stopping by! We're in agreement--favorite thing to knit, with stripes! :-)

      Delete
  5. I don't knit so I'll have to find another "right" activity. But I did want to leave a word of admiration for the sock, the stripes, and your commitment to the Friday OTN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. Does crocheting seem "right" to you? And yes, the OTN Fridays do help me keep on knitting and thinking of new projects other than my years of just making dishcloths!

      Delete