Yes, people, we are still working on the house. Dan has been very busy with his consulting work, so projects have been on hold, but this week he was determined to get some work done. The next thing up was texturing the scraped breakfast nook, hall and entryway ceilings and the new sheet rock in the entryway. Any way you look at it, texturing is no fun: there is a ton of prep work, the actual doing makes a mess, and the desire to have it come out perfectly creates stress. And then there's the cleanup.
I do believe the prep work takes way longer than the actual doing. I didn't take any pictures of the spraying because I didn't want either the camera or myself to be covered with fine mud, and of course pictures of the texture itself would be pointless--a square foot of "orange peel" wall. :-) But trust me, it all looks great!! Next up: paint!!
Meanwhile, Dan is off to Missoula to spend the weekend with some old buddies from his just-out-of-high-school days so I'm holding down the fort and planning to stitch, knit, and just loaf. It's a tough job but someone has to do it! I will water the planters and bring in the garbage can. :-)
I was just thinking today,prompted by comments on another post here, that when Mike is gone on one of his trips, I water the plants and take care of the dog. Otherwise, I do my own thing. More power to us, I say!
ReplyDeleteBut I was wondering -- what's on your needles?
I did two posts today--check the one before this. :-)
DeleteAgreed. Texturing is difficult. We used that spray can stuff for a 4 ft x 8 ft area and learned that practice is important and that darn can sure runs out fast! I bet it feels good to be making progress.
ReplyDeleteMike and I slapped the mud on the walls, then he smoothed it off. We did the whole farmhouse. It was tedious, but we take a lot of pride in the fact that we did the texturing and painting ourselves. Hallie was involved in the painting, too. Some people would say it's time to paint again. Not sure I could face that.
DeleteDan has a (he says) wonderful spray gun that he attaches to his big compressor. It makes quick work of the process, but he does have to make sure he gets the "slurry" right so it comes out the way he wants. The hopper holds a couple of gallons (I think, maybe 1 1/2?) so he can go a ways before he has to regroup.
Delete