Judy of Patchwork Times has started a new little blog idea. She's been busy with her garden and quilting and finding it hard to get to her knitting, so she decided to start "What's on Your Needles Friday" to help herself get motivated. She's invited her readers to join her and I thought, "Why not?"
Here's my latest pair of socks:
The second sock is almost done; I'm almost to the place where I'll decrease to form the toe. Once again, I'm in love with my yarn. I love watching the stripes form and this pair will be great with blue jeans, too. Fortunately, I seem to be having no trouble knitting the second sock (apparently there is something called second sock syndrome where people enjoy the first sock, but then want to start on something new and don't get the second sock done).
Hopefully by next Friday I'll have this pair completed and in the drawer waiting for next fall and a new pair started.
Great looking socks! I love striped sock yarn, however I have suffered from second sock syndrome. While not a serious disease it does make for lots of WIP - LOL !
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carol! And thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to seeing what's on your needles. :-)
DeleteBeautiful socks. I am itching to cast on a pair of socks.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Beth! Hope you can get to knitting soon. :-)
DeleteI love your socks! Just as good as the last pair you made. I gave up on crocheting socks, I guess, mostly discouraged by reviews on the pattern books. But -- I brought the white afghan I'm making for Hallie's wedding (three years ago now) so maybe my hook will be moving.
ReplyDeleteDarn! I always forget to subscribe -- and it really is handy to subscribe.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm going to reply to this one so you'll get it by email. :-) Ooo, I want to see the afghan for Hallie--hope you're getting a chance to work on it between cakes!
DeleteSorry the crocheted sock idea didn't work out. Want to learn to knit??
Your socks look great - love how the stripes match up. I switched to knitting socks 2-at-a-time to avoid the second sock syndrome.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary! Getting the stripes to match takes a bit of figuring, so thank you for noticing! I really like knitting on five needles so I don't know if I'll ever try two at a time (circular needles, right?).
DeleteI wouldn't rule out learning to knit, but I haven't really considered it. I like to keep my options open, though. Never say never. Never say this is the last.
ReplyDeleteOh *sigh* I tried to comment awhile ago via iPad but it's been acting up on your blog. I was going to express amusement about Second Sock Syndrome. What do people do with just one sock, I wonder. Now I ALSO wonder how it's possible to make two socks at a time. ?!
ReplyDeleteSorry my blog hasn't liked you--I do love your comments! :-)
DeleteApparently there's a way to knit two socks at a time using circular needles. I have seen it shown on a blog and in some knitting books, but to tell you the truth, it looks too complicated for my little brain. I'm sticking with five needles and one at a time!
Oh, and the people with just one sock don't wear them! They wait in hope for the other sock to nag itself into existence. :-)
I take comfort in knowing that you, too, find some things too complicated, but I'm a little surprised because many things take shape for you that are a struggle for me.
DeleteI can relate to "second sock" syndrome. I love granny square afghans but making the same square is repetitive and somehow the newness or the challenge of the conquest goes out of it. And with socks, bootees, mittens, etc., the second one has to be a match to the size of the first, and that can be a challenge, especially if you do let that second one wait for a while.
Kathy, I'm fortunate in the I truly love knitting with five needles, so I have no desire to try something new. Also, I have this, um, habit? compulsion? tendency? or whatever, of finishing a project before starting another. I know. How weird. :-)
Delete