Today was a truly relaxing Sunday. Dan had a long and busy day yesterday with his consulting, so he was tired today. We came home from church, ate a quick lunch, and he went to his recliner and I to the sofa. We both crashed!
When I retired three years ago, one of the gifts I received was a throw from one of my students and his family. They made it using two pieces of fleece, joining them by cutting fringe on each one and knotting them together. It's very warm and cozy and I use it for naps when I don't want to bother unfolding a display quilt. Each time I use it I think of the Criner family and the work they went to to make it for me. I used it today.
When I finally woke up, a rather dark and stormy day had turned nice, but still breezy. I looked up from the sofa and watched the leaves on the aspen trees spin and shake and shimmer. There was so much activity that the leaves at the ends of the branches caught the sunlight as they spun and they actually looked like they were on fire! It was amazing! I wish I could have somehow captured it, but of course my little camera was unable to do so. I can still see it in my mind's eye, however. :-)
Ann and Eric asked us to join them for a Father's Day dinner out tonight and we had such a good time. Now we're home, Dan's put away all his things from yesterday, and we're enjoying a quiet evening. He's reading and I'm heading for my knitting needles. More on that next Friday.
Do we really have to wait until Friday? You are really organized with your topics!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice gift that fleece throw made! I'm sure your student was able to participate in the cutting and tying, and that makes it all the more special for everyone. Kathy (who is remembering to "subscribe by email")
Yes, you're going to have to wait until Friday. :-) This new On My Needles that Judy has going is helping me to get some things done. Branch out. Be brave. (Can you hear the theme from Chariots of Fire in the background?) Who knew knitting could be so inspiring? LOL
DeleteYes, that fleece has been a wonderful gift. And I'm certain that my student did help with it. He was a cutie.
Ahh naps! It's a rare weekend that I get to nap but I almost always work in a nap when I visit Mom. She let me sleep for TWO HOURS the last time I was there. That was maybe too long, but it was glorious. Here's looking forward to retirement!
ReplyDeleteI'm a true believer in naps! My mom didn't believe in naps, so you're lucky you have yours. Once I was on my own, I indulged at every opportunity. :-)
DeleteOh, and I've read that many brilliant (or at least smart) people took naps: Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, and Thomas Edison are among the names. I don't mind throwing my lot in with theirs.