It's the first day of spring, and . . .
yes, that's snow. It seems to go along with the shop project I've mentioned. It's coming along and I'll share a few pictures.
There are nine embroidered center pieces that make a scene of Santa's sleigh with the words Merry Christmas. Around the edges are the black pieces, each embroidered with a lace snowflake design. The last part of each section is a stitching line. By matching them, the pieces fit together and form the scene.
I'm hoping to finish up this week and when I do, I'll post a finish photo.
I absolutely love it. I hope you'll give us some background. Where did you get the designs? "Mer Chri" to you, too!
ReplyDeleteI'll share more info when I post the "final product". I'm glad you like it--it's been a lot of fun to do. I've just puttered with it, doing a section or two at a time. And "Mer Chri" to you, too! :-)
DeleteI LOVE that design! Oh...can we just go back to Christmas? We'll sit by the fire, drink our spiced tea and gaze at the Christmas tree all aglow.
ReplyDeleteIt is cold over here. I'm ready for things to warm up, bloom, and to try some small scale gardening of my own. :)
Hallie, I'm drinking a cup of Gingerbread Spice right now!! We have snow on the ground and it just seemed the thing to do.
DeleteI'm glad you like the design! As I told your mom, it's been very fun to do.
Gardening... it sounds good. I could use a yummy tomato sandwich with tomatoes that really have some taste! Are you going to do some container gardening?
Ummm...I clearly don't know how to use this "reply" thing. Sorry!
DeleteNo worries! :-)
DeleteWe have what I guess I'd describe as a planter trough that runs the length of the building on the back patio. At one point it was determined that each owner who has a unit on the 1st floor with the back patio would be responsible for the planter. So, I have about a 10" x 4" space that I can do something with. It's always in the shade, so it won't work for a vegetable garden, but I think I'll consult with the nursery to find some nice shade-happy plants. It currently has some kind of flowering bamboo plants, which were beautiful when they were little, but now they're too tall and they won't stay upright even when staked. Time for a change! Maybe I'll share a photo in the summer when it's looking its best. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, 10" x 4" is really tiny--room for just one plant!
DeleteHa ha! That gave me the GIGGLES! You know what I mean...10' x 10'. :)
DeleteI litterally LOL'd.
Er...10' x 4' that is. Clouded by amusement!
ReplyDeleteOh, that makes much more sense!! I should have realized. That's a good amount of space--I'll look forward to seeing what you decide to do with it. I'll bet you did get a giggle out of all this! :-)
Delete