I was afraid they'd be too thick to wear with these shoes, but they work perfectly, and I love how the colors work, too. My tootsies are warm and cozy on this cold and soggy night.
Pair number two coming right up!
A few muttered meanderings from our little spot in the west
Those look great with jeans! Oooh...the red and grey ones will be pretty. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Hallie. It's okay to be addicted to some things. It's so much fun to work with shaded / variegated yarn.
DeleteThanks Hallie! I am really liking how they look with my jeans. :-)
DeleteI'm half way done with the first sock with the new yarn. I'll start the heel next. Amazing how someone figured all this out hundreds of years ago!
And Kathy, this addition is pretty low cal! It's pretty much impossible to eat and knit. :-) I'll post a picture when I get a little further on with my new sock.
DeleteYes, but we have to be careful because we also don't burn as many calories as we sit and knit as we would if we, say, took a walk. That's my trouble -- the things I like to do keep me sitting. That said, I noticed that Mary Maxim has a pattern book on crocheted socks.
DeleteYou're right, Kathy. I also prefer to do things that require sitting. I guess our "addictions" are better than *chemical* ones. LOL
DeleteOoo, are you going to try some crocheted socks? Sounds intriguing!
Crocheted socks are calling my name all right. I checked the patterns on Lion Brand and noted mixed reviews. But there are pattern books and I put one on my Amazon wishlist. Even though I would love to crochet socks, I really have to stay focused on some things I want to do for the century celebration.
DeleteI went to Jo-Ann's yesterday and saw the Kroy yarn. I checked the crocheted socks books, and as I thought, they look more like slipper-socks than shoe socks. So, I left it all there for the time being. (Just reporting.)
DeleteHmmm, slipper socks. Could be fun and cozy for days like today. Did I mention it's been snowing since seven this morning and we have inches of the stuff? I have on my socks and they greatly appreciated by my feet.
Delete