Fall is in the air and today could not have been a more perfect day. The high was only in the low seventies and it's been invigorating! We went to Costco this morning with Ann and Daniel and even the valley was comfortable.
Dan is off to a meeting tonight and I was excited to change out our Americana decorations for fall ones. Labor Day is still to come, but...it's September! It just feel right.
I'm working at the shop tomorrow, so it should be a fun day. I've done a little more sewing and have almost finished redoing the guest room downstairs. I like how it's looking. My 830 has been in the shop for three weeks and I've been missing it, but I do have other machines and so I finally got them out and did some pillows earlier this week. I'm so blessed--these other machines (I used two) are such great machines, too.
I'll be back soon with some pictures...of something! Maybe the guest room or just some pictures of fall decorations.
Happy Labor Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It seems that you are looking forward to the fall. I feel like we've missed our summer and I'm really not ready for fall. However, I will say that I had a thought of stew or soup at the grocery store today, so I guess my mind is getting me to that place. I hope you have your machine back soon. What was wrong with it?
ReplyDeleteMy question is not what happened to August but what happened to June and July. It was an odd summer.
ReplyDeleteI didn't do much with Americana this year but I hope to get out my fall display soon.
It's true that summer was exceedingly short, but fall seems to be here and I confess it's my favorite time of the year. I just finished canning the first of our green beans and that really signals the start of fall to me.
ReplyDeleteHallie, I took my machine in for its one-year-checkup and Sam's having trouble getting the tension just right.
Did you eat all of the beans that you put up last year? Time just flies by...can't believe it's been a year!
ReplyDeleteNo, we still have some from last year, so we'll eat those first. The rule of canning is, can while you can! :-) Our summers have been so weird of late that when I have a harvest, I like to save it in case we don't have one, or much of one, the next year. And yes, the year has flown by! The days seem to go at normal speed, but the weeks and months fly. So strange, but true!
ReplyDelete