The picture above is of our back yard taken from the deck, and the one below was taken from the front porch.
The snow is still falling and weather.com says it will continue until tomorrow morning when the temperature will fall to a high of 13. I heard on the television that it's been twenty years since we've had such weather at this time of year.
My iPod is attached to its docking station with Mannheim Steamroller Christmas albums playing, and a sugar cookie scented candle is burning in the kitchen. We went to the grocery store over the weekend and stocked up on holiday staples, so I'm set to make pies, rolls, and a salad to take to Ann and Eric's for Thanksgiving. They are having all of Eric's family in for the day and we've been invited to join them. My parents are driving to Lewiston with a friend to enjoy the wonderful buffet at Meriwether's at the Red Lion. It's a holiday tradition they really enjoy.
The basement wood stove is blasting away adding to the cozy day here at the resort. When I finish this, I'm planning to go down to my sewing room and work on a Christmas project I started last night. What have I been working on lately, you ask?
This runner was quick and fun, made with Moda's Fruitcake by Basic Grey fabric. The pattern is from Gudrun Erla's book, Fast and Furious Holiday.
Another fun project I've been working on has been candle wraps. I've made smaller ones, but this is a large one I made using a current free design from the Bernina site.
I'm currently stitching out a 10" square wreath in machine embroidery. When I decide what I'm going to do with it and then do it, I'll post a picture.
As we approach Thanksgiving, we send wishes for a blessed Thanksgiving day with those you love. God is good!
Oooooo! It's a great time to be cozy at your resort with lots of wonderful projects to complete. Love the candle and the runner. I'm busy making snowflakes. Thanks for the pics of your yard dressed in winter white. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving, too.
ReplyDelete