Fast-forward a few years until today.
See any empty space? Me neither. And you should know that the shelves continue behind the wall on either side of the doors. So, the time had come to do something. There had been too many trips to Costco and indiscriminate stashing. I wasn't even sure what was in there! After lunch I screwed up my courage and began. I'm not done, but I have conquered fhe dreaded start and I now have all the food sorted and arranged.
There are still piles all over the laundry room and out in the hall. Stuff to be tossed or given away, Christmas wrap, etc., that really needs a new home. (I might have mentioned to Dan that I need some new shelves built...) I'm probably done for today, but tomorrow I'll be already started and hopefully energized to finish.
Good for you Chris! Organizing is always good!
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend these, they come in various sizes:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Atlantic-Six-Shelf-Canrack-in-Silver/14306309
I need to do the same thing -- still in the "thinking about it" stage.
ReplyDeleteOur little modular home has the best kitchen I've ever had. (Note: "that I've ever had" doesn't mean there aren't better ones.) But, it has a walk-in pantry in one corner. I only wish it had deeper shelves and less standing room. On the other hand, shelves in the farmhouse are deep -- hard to find provisions I know I have.
Oh my word, Chris, way to Haul Out !!!!!
ReplyDeleteFor me it's my sewing - Just when I get more room for things, I need more room for things...LOL
Thanks, ladies! I haven't accomplished much today as Dad dropped by and so we sat and had a good visit. I keep going downstairs and looking at the floor and the piles, so hopefully my brain is working on a plan in the background. :-)
ReplyDeleteKathy, shelves never seem to be the right depth. Either too shallow or too deep. The ones in this pantry are deep, so I've been attempting to arrange things so that I can see all the way to the back. It's tricky, that's for sure.
I start out with good intentions but eventually it becomes a jumble and stuff gets lost in there. I bought a couple of those can racks and they are marginally helpful. I'll probably get rid of them when they have depreciated out.
ReplyDeleteI'm done! But I know I'll have to do it again sometime in the future. NOTHING ever stays done, no matter how carefully we do it.
ReplyDeleteKathy, I'm curious as to how you'll know when the racks depreciate out. When they fall apart? I've seen those racks but I've never purchased any, and after your comment, I don't think I will. Thanks for the tip off.