Last Friday was a busy day as we packed up grandson Ryan and drove to Spokane to meet Matt and Amy at the airport and have a bite to eat with them before they all headed back to Colorado. Ann, Cameron and Keaton drove up, too, so they could see Matt who had flown directly into Seattle for the cruise. Ann had saved my birthday present because, it turned out, it was from both her and Matt. So there in the parking lot near the airport I opened my gifts. A pilgrim set designed by Jim Shore, whose work I love.
This beautiful pilgrim lady is from Ann:
And this one is from Matt:
Actually, I think the name of the set is something like "Bounty of Harvest", and so I have set them out on the dining room table to celebrate the arrival of fall. I love how they look and more than that, I love those two wonderful blessings who gave them to me!
Welcome, fall!
What a special birthday present. Such a lovely Jim Shore set. And they so nice on your tablemat with pot of flowers.
ReplyDeleteFall is definitely in the air at your house.
What a beautiful, timely gift! I think it's great that you set them out. After all, the Pilgrims dressed like Pilgrims all the time.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, it certainly feels like fall. I love it, too. I'm off to bake a peach pie.
Thanks, ladies. I had seen them quite a while ago with Ann and remarked on how much I liked them. She remembered and then worked it out with Matt.
ReplyDeleteKathy, you are certainly correct! Pilgrims did dress like Pilgrims all the time!! :-) And the peach pie sounds wonderful. I need to get some peaches and make one, too. There's nothing like peach pie!
More fall decorating coming up!
You're teasing us Chris, fall indeed! I am so jealous, it's also my favorite time of the year!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try and see if I can't encourage it to come early here by making a pot of soup!
Your pilgrams are wonderful!
I have to admit I know nothing about Jim Shore. Didn't you buy a nativity a few years back? Is that also Jim Shore? I think it's wonderful when you know what you like and can bring things of quality into your home. I decorate with vintage left-overs from a previous life and what I pick up from the Dollar Tree.
ReplyDeleteOh -- the peach pie was great and eating it was such comfort after a trying day.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEric didn't post anything, he was still signed into google on this computer. I deleted it, but the reminder remains. I posted that the pilgrims look perfect on your table and sorry you had to wait so long after your birthday to get them :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I'll bet Chris didn't mind waiting. It's always fun to spread out the celebration.
ReplyDelete