Wow. Dan is in Coeur d'Alene for a few days, so I decided to slay another buffalo. Yup, it was time. So to the kitchen I went, picked up the runner I recently made, and bopped down to my sewing room. I set the 830 up for embroidery, got out the JUMBO hoop, and brought up a quilting design. I measured, I plotted, I rescaled, I rotated, and I hooped. I said a prayer, and I pushed start. Oh my goodness.

Can you see those beautiful stitches, those incredible feathers? And that hoop! It's huge, but it's so easy to use! I dream of quilting feathers on my HQ-16 quilting machine, but until then...

I liked this runner, but it was just
flat with only stitch-in-the-ditch quilting. Now it has some character and I love it.
LOL it's pretty amazing isn't it? I love the jumbo hoop, it's fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt runner is beautiful Chris!
WOW - Chris - it's FANTASTIC !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo you hooped the tablerunner after it was actually completed? Wasn't the tablerunner thick for the hoop?
I'm loving what you did!!!!
Yes, you've done it again!
ReplyDeleteNow what? There must be a few more hours before Dan gets back.
Kathy, he's home!! :-) Got home about 4:30, unloaded his stuff, sat for a few minutes, and then we headed out to vote and grab an Arby's. Now we're waiting for the season finales of our two favorite shows, NCIS and NCIS LA. I did do more stitching last night, but I'm not sure where it's going. If it all works out, I'll share. I'm havin' fun though!
ReplyDeleteI didn't sew today, but I did make a yummy loaf of bread in my bread machine--San Diego Sunshine bread with orange peel. I'm going to use it for French toast for tomorrow's breakfast. I can't remember the last time I used my bread machine...
Chris you crack me up! Your table runner is very nice. You are so talented I need to be around you more often to inspire me more. Your work is beautiful.
ReplyDelete