First, it appears that everyone who's not married in our church is about to get married. Showers. On a bi-weekly basis. And those who are married and young are all having babies. Showers, on a bi-weekly basis. And apparently we are currently in a speed mode because in less than two weeks time we are having like four showers. I often take part of the food, and usually make whatever gift I give, or at least part of it. I can't keep up!! But I do feel it's important to support these young couples and families.
My house is looking rather, umm, dusty. I did take time out the other day and swamp out the frig. Yesterday I attacked our bathroom, worked at the shop for three hours behind the counter (love that!), and then came home, heated up the last of a batch of black-eyed pea soup (pressure cooked!), and then fell into a heap while we watched In Harms Way, one of my favorite John Wayne movies. We found the DVD Saturday night at Shopko after leaving a graduation party for our friend Will (of Will and Briana) who graduated from WSU. (It was a cheap $5.50 and now we don't have to view an old, worn out taped-from-TV video.)
Meanwhile, while trying to find a temporary home for Moby Stitch, I was motivated to clean out my sewing room closet. It's a big walk-in space with shelves. Who knew what was on those shelves? Not me. So it was sort, ponder, stack, and reshelve. There is still work to be done, but I have a large box of things to donate somewhere. And I have done a bit more stitching:
The pattern for this runner is from Anka's Treasures and it uses charm squares. The squares I used were part of a birthday gift from Ann several years ago (charm squares have to age!). I was going to use my BSR, but I don't have a steady spot for Moby and he bounced too much, so I just stitched in the ditch instead. I'm still toying with adding some machine-embroidered quilting to it.
I had a lovely Mother's Day and enjoyed lunch after church with Ann, Eric, Cameron and Keaton. Matt called on their way home from NYC where he'd taken Amy for Mother's Day. He had ordered tickets for the Statue of Liberty back in January and they climbed to the crown as part of her gift. He said it was windy and they could feel her sway! We agreed it was probably not something I would ever enjoy... As he and I were talking I could hear a strange voice and finally asked what I heard. He said it was the GPS talking to Amy as she made her way onto the Beltway. Amazing!
So here we are. I need to make the bed (the cat is still snoozing away on it), fix some lunch, make some cookies for a men's Bible Study, and then attend a shop staff meeting at 5:30. Oh yeah, I need to find time soon to machine quilt a quilt made by a local class of kindergartners. It shouldn't take too long, but it's on that list in the back of my mind. Nagging at me. Gotta get it done.
I'm off to get something done. Even if it's wrong. (Credit to Jane Frensdorf)
I am SO bad - I haven't blogged in way too long. I've been lax on my sewing as well. Atleast you have something accomplished - and what a beauty it is. Great colors.
ReplyDeleteI was bogged down with more visitors and can't seem to get any sewing in unless it's mending for the kids and grandkids. I need some serious "Sew Cindy" time.
This is where I say "Calgon, take me away"...LOL
You have to put the blog into perspective. The way I see it, my blog is my online journal and reflects my activities and musings. I think I should post frequently but not necessarily daily. We have to live life first before we can write about it.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, we are busy in retirement, and we should be. I think we've earned the right to do what we want to do, but I have found that I still make choices according to -- well, if not "obligations" then a standard of right (or something like that). As you said, it's right to support these young couples and families. "Divine Love even kicks me along the way," I always say.
The table runner is very pretty -- as always.