Sunday, May 30, 2010
An Experimental Project
I am still enjoying playing with my 830, and the other day after I embroidered the feathers on the table runner, I decided to try something with the mega hoop. I had purchased a design collection, Initial Style, some time ago and decided it was time to give it a whirl. I'm so pleased with how it turned out! All the way through I was thinking, "It's just an experiment, it'll be okay to toss it," but you know, I like it so well, I may make another to use as a gift. The apple fabric, found in my stash, is perfect with the colors.
I just finished stitching down the binding, and now I'm off to get some dinner on the table. Happy Memorial Day weekend to you all. I'm thankful for our country and the men who have defended it for us through the years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it Chris! Where did the "Initial" designs come from? I really like them!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear you are enjoying that 830!
Ooh, Chris - it's awesome !!
ReplyDeleteAre we fortunate to have this machine or what?
It's always wonderful when an experiment turns out first class. Good job!
ReplyDeleteThanks, all. I decided it was time to try that set of designs, and to try the mega hoop since it doesn't have to be repositioned on the 830. I hooped both the fabric and the batting and it worked!! It took a long time to stitch out so I watched TV and just it let hum along. I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I carefully cut away the extra fabric around the embroidery part and added the apple fabric borders. Voila! A new little quilt for the wall (which has moved around the house today as I've begun putting up Americana for the summer decorating).
ReplyDeleteSummer decorating . . . I never think of summer that way -- and certainly not when it comes to the walls. Are you saying it's time to put away the Easter egg lights and the springtime pastels?
ReplyDeleteKathy, at the risk of taking more authority than I qualify for, I'd say yes. :-) Of course this weather is still very much March/April, so you are probably still okay. I'm pretending up here.
ReplyDelete