I finished my little autumn picture and it's ready to frame. So cute!
I found an old package of 14-count oatmeal Aida cloth that will work for my next project and got it ready to go last night. It's another Prairie Schooler design.
I'm doing the big one on the left. It's been a long, long time since I've done anything bigger than the one I just finished and it's like I'm learning all over again. Right now I have it on a needlework frame which I'm finding a little awkward to work with. I'll just keep plugging along and see how it goes. There's always the hoop option.
I got D's first pair of boxers made and delivered. He wanted them to be longer than the length on the pattern so I measured him and did a little pattern adjusting which, thankfully, worked out just right.
I'm started on the second pair and hopefully will get time to work on them today. I'm substituting for our church secretary while she's on vacation so my stitching time is limited right now.
And that's it for now! ♥



So cute! All of it.
ReplyDeleteI have cross stitch I've never finished. I'm a little inspired by your work -- just a little. I find it tedious. The design I was stitching was a DMC free chart, and in a complicated area, I think I got off and was subsequently frustrated. This was 30 years ago.I still have it.
It's true that cross stitching can be tedious at time when doing big areas of one color, but you can always move to a different spot or color. I'm no artist so I think of it as my way of painting and the picture comes to life.
Delete