Well hello there! Here it is, Presidents' Day weekend and Valentine's Day all in the same few days. How quickly February passes. And today is the birthday of one of our nieces. Party on!
It's been a beautiful day. Snow was forecast overnight, but it didn't begin until about daybreak. It's cold, very cold as in the teens, and so even though it snowed almost all day, we got maybe three inches of very light, fluffy snow. We are supposed to get more over the weekend so we'll see how it goes.
I don't have a lot of Valentine decorations, but I did make that runner last year with a kit from Shabby Fabrics so this is its first appearance. I do love it!
I still use the four red hearts on sticks that Daniel gave me when he was five. They warm my grammy heart each year when I get them out. Treasures, that's what they are.
I'm continuing to stitch away on my counted cross stitch. I ordered a few more patterns for the Prairie Schooler Santas from more recent years and they came. I saw a framed piece someone from the Instagram group for the Santas did and I'm hoping to do something similar. It will probably take me a year or so though, so don't hold your breath! :-)
And last, I ordered a new Instant Pot cookbook by the Six Sisters and it came. I think it's going to be a good one!



Your Valentine decorations may be few, but they're just right. "Less is more," as they say. The runner is beautiful. Are the candle holders Depression Glass?
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to have something coming in the mail. Enjoy!