Monday, November 30, 2020

November's End

I really meant to do four posts this month, but the busy end seemed to be my undoing.  And here we are, on the last day of November. Oh well! 

Thanksgiving was wonderful.  We ended up celebrating on Friday with Ann, Eric and the boys. (Daniel asked what we ate on the actual Thanksgiving day and I told him, "Frozen ravioli and salad!"  He seemed astounded.)  But on Friday, we had the whole Thanksgiving dinner! We enjoyed all our visiting the most, I think.  (The pumpkin pie Dan and I had for Saturday morning's breakfast was pretty good, too.)

Now it's time to think about decorating for Christmas and I decided to wait until tomorrow to start.  I've been cleaning bathrooms today and as I set things out tomorrow, I'll dust and vacuum. Some days I really miss having the cleaning lady of my teaching days.  But then some days I really enjoy cleaning, so there's that.  

I finally finished the Peace on Earth wall hanging and I am very happy with it.  My plan is to hang it in the downstairs guest room where I have a large, empty wall just waiting for it.


I have also been continuing to do a lot of reading. Ann loaned me an interesting book and I really enjoyed it.  


The Traitor's Wife is a fictionalized story about Peggy Shippen Arnold, Benedict Arnold's wife, but it is based on fact.  As it turns out, history has shown that she was the major force behind his defection during the Revolutionary War.  If you're looking for a good read and love history, this will surely appeal to you. 

And that's it for the end of November, in the strange year of 2020.  ♥

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to decorate as well. Today was to be mask-making day, but we ended up repairing the slider and then taking some offish milk back to Winco. Something always seems to come up. Mike says I can do it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I failed to mention the wall hanging. Lovely project and great job as usual.

    And I think it's great that you and Dan had frozen ravioli and salad for Thanksgiving dinner. We didn't have a turkey dinner either. I missed the sandwiches but we enjoyed the lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment on the hanging. I got it up today, along with a few other quilts and runners. More to do tomorrow. I remember when one of our neighbors had German sausages for Thanksgiving! Some years are just like that. :-)

      Delete