Wow! Winter has arrived! As I type (I'm old school, I don't think I'll ever use the term key-boarding), Dan is out on the 4-wheeler plowing at least 8" of the white stuff. It's been coming down heavily as he's plowed so I'm sure it's continuing to pile up. As this storm winds down sometime later today, another is slated to arrive tomorrow, followed by much colder temperatures.
| Plowed and already turning white again. . . |
| Brrrr. . . |
As I sit warmly inside, I've found this to be perfect knitting weather. I'm currently working on a doll sweater set for my American Girl doll. I've finished the front and back, and am alternating between the sleeves (almost done) and the scarf. With this weather, the doll is in need of some warmth. :-)
Oh, and I need to show another potholder. I found the snowman fabric and matching snowflake design in my stash. I had no idea it was there, but then I remembered back and realized I'd bought them to make a table runner. Well, potholders seemed to be a better idea. I was only able to make three because of the amount of the snowman cut, but they turned out so cute! I gave two away, and still have this one.
The red/white stripe was just the perfect choice for the bias tape and was leftover from a pillowcase project from last year. I love puttering in my sewing room and knitting in my living room! ♥

Oh! what lovely things you're showing here. Very inspiring! The predicted one inch of snow did not occur yesterday, and in fact, by bedtime it had warmed up to 40+ again. Your yard is a peaceful scene.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kath! I sure have been having fun. There's something about those potholders that keeps me wanting to make them. And the nice thing about knitting for dolls is that they don't take forever so gratification comes fairly quickly. :-)
DeleteThat's a good observation about doll clothes. I appreciate that with very little alteration, the pattern fits the doll. I can just sew, and that's what I want to do. Smaller projects do provide early gratification and inspiration.
Delete