Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Snow, A Finish, and New Little Gadgets

It's four days later and winter has indeed arrived . . . and stayed.  We've had at least a foot and a half of snow, alog with wind, and cold temperatures.  As I type, the wind is howling and I'm thankful to be indoors, dressed in a cozy fleece top, jeans, and warm slippers. Ah, the life of a retiree!  

I finished the doll outfit and I'm so happy with how it turned out.  The directions were easy to follow and it was actually fun to do.  My American Girl doll, Samantha, is happily wearing it and is glad to be so cozy and warm in this weather.  


The kit came from Mary Maxim and I also ordered the black pants, top and boots because I really wanted those boots! They make the outfit.

I followed the directions in the pattern to make the pom poms at the ends of the scarf and for the top of the hat and they turned out okay, but not very full.  I'd like to make at least the hat again, and if I do, I want a better pom pom since it'll probably be a stand alone piece, so I googled pom pom makers and found one made by Clover with great ratings.  I ordered yesterday and the UPS man dropped it at my front door this morning.  


A set of four, making different sizes, wasn't that much more than ordering one singly, so I went with the set. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing how to use these, so I'm looking forward to trying them out soon.  ♥


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! What fun! I remember when you ordered that pattern -- just before Christmas -- and already you have the finished outfit. Yay!

    Yeah! Gadgets are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's positively shocking that I have started, let alone finished this little project! It was just too fun. I'm working on a second hat and am itching to make the pom pom for its top!

      Delete