If you've read my blog for very long, you know I'm a kitchen person. Notice that I did not say that I'm a wannabe chef, or even a cook. I do cook, and I do bake, but I claim no expertise in either area. But I do love my kitchen and all the things a kitchen holds--tools for the job so to speak.
When we bought this house almost twenty years ago, I was thrilled that it had a pantry. I'm not certain that it was originally meant to be a pantry, in fact, I think it was meant to be a utility closet for brooms, vacuum, etc. There's even a light in the ceiling, or at least there was until we took the bulb out and taped cardboard over the hole. Some other owner installed shelves and of course, that made the light useless as the only part it illuminated was the top shelf.
Collector of kitchen tools that I am, a good portion of the pantry is dedicated to hold them. Waffle iron, Instant Pot, toaster (not enough room on my counters to leave it out), snackster sandwich maker, and so on. Then of course there's the actual food storage including containers of different kinds of beans and pastas. (Have I ever mentioned that I'm a total lover of different shapes of pasta?? Hopeless addiction.)
Several weeks ago I decided it was time to clean out the pantry and once again find out just what lurked behind those closed doors. Here I begin to take things out.
And I began to fill up a counter with the goods.
Maybe more than one counter. And the floor...
And here we are after careful sorting, consolidation, and judicious replacement.
I don't think I threw away anything but some empty containers after consolidation, but that just shows that I do use what I have. Which was a relief.
What fun to see someone else's pantry. Love this post! Since we had a remodel that took almost a year, we had food in storage, and believe me, a lot of it got tossed. And with a year's absence and the need to reorganize, I've found that I'm thinking differently about food and appliance storage, i.e., not so much food, some appliance storage in pantry.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm glad you liked it. Keeping that space organized goes pretty well for a while, and then all of a sudden it seems to be in need of some major help. (A trip to Costco often precipitates that.)
Delete