Yes, that word pokey does describe me. I've just been poking along here. Seems like March is endless and my energy level is at a low. The beautiful snow is all gone and while we had some days of sunshine, they've been replaced by gloomy, damp days. I have to kick myself to keep moving. A cold/allergies kept me down for a few days, but I seem to have whupped the baddies in pretty short order for which I'm thankful.
So, what's been happening over the last two weeks? A couple of fun evenings with the D-Man. When we first became grandparents, Dan had the idea to make giant-sized Lincoln logs and made a beautiful set. Daniel asked about them when he was here and so Dan got them out and they set about to build a cabin. Daniel is eight now, and like his brothers, is no small person, but he had a riot crawling in and out all night.
I've been poking away at the Snowy Day quilt and am finally to the point of putting on the borders. I really like how it's turning out, especially since I've "made do" with what I could find in my stash. I did have to buy a quarter yard of dark brown to use as sashing between the rows of houses, but that's been it.
I still have to do the top and bottom borders, but that won't take long. I'm glad I tried something different! ♥
What wonderful beautiful blocks! What fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd your Snowy Day quilt is beautiful. I love that you made do from your stash. It worked so well!