Saturday, April 13, 2019

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Those words describe the weather and this blog post. Outside it's grey and damp.  Inside it's the same ol', same ol'.  Not even anything worthy of a photograph.  So, in few words, here's what's been happening the last few weeks:

l) I got the Snowy Day quilt top finished.  I need to find a backing for it and get it loaded on my long arm, hopefully soon.

2) I am trudging away on my treadmill.  I've logged 55 miles, half an hour at a time, and I think I can see a difference in my shape.  

3) As I trudge away, I'm watching movies through Amazon Prime on my new iPad, purchased for just this purpose. I'm thoroughly enjoying each one. Just finished Fiddler on the Roof  and am now watching Charade. Love, love, love Audrey Hepburn's clothes in it!

4) I am loving my bread machine more and more! That I can make a wonderful salt-free loaf has revolutionized my life.  Guilt-free toast and sandwiches!!

5) We had a ladies' retreat at church two weeks ago and I discovered a fabulous new salad dressing during our Saturday lunch salad bar.  Newman's Own Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette.  Oh my! Mixed greens, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and a little feta?  Heaven!

6) Cameron continues to settle in in Rwanda.  He's done some exploring and found a bakery to have a coffee and a chocolate coated donut.  Some little tastes of home that did wonders for his morale. (Most of their meals are rice, beans and cooked bananas.)

And that about covers my life for now!  ♥


4 comments:

  1. Well, it seems to me you've been busy. I especially admire your trudging, knowing that it takes dedication to keep it up. Movies and podcasts do help the time to pass.

    There's a bottle of raspberry walnut vinaigrette in my refrigerator even as I write. We make that very salad. Yes-so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should have said I was walking, but sometimes it is just trudging along! I really am thankful to have it!

      Delete
  2. If I were doing it, it would be trudging! Does it tell you the distance you've walked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I walk at a pace of 2 mph and walk for half an hour, so one mile each time. I'm also at a 4% incline. It doesn't keep a cumulative distance, but while I'm on it keeps track.

      Delete