Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Progress is Made!

If I had realized that the Snowy Day quilt involved making templates for many of the pieces, I'm not sure I would have allowed myself to like it quite so much.  After I pulled the fabrics from my stash, I began to read the directions and lo and behold, read the dreaded words, "Make templates for shapes A through E".  Say what?!? Hmmm...  So needless to say, I had to ponder for a few days.  

Finally, I said to myself, "Be brave! Do it!" I hunted around in my quilting drawer and found template plastic I probably bought over twenty-five years ago.  Maybe more!  I carefully traced the shapes and cut them out and began cutting the fabric.  As you can imagine, all of this took some time, a little done here, a little done there.  I began with the trees and the background fabric.  

Background fabrics and some of the templates

When I had all the pieces for the tree blocks, I began stitching.  

A batch of flying geese.

Then I began assembling the actual trees.


Just before dinner tonight I finished all the tree blocks. Now it's time to use more templates to cut pieces for the house blocks.  Thankfully most of the house pieces will be simple to cut rectangles and I can use my rulers and rotary cutter.  I'll never win any prizes for fast piecing, but I'm having fun! ♥

1 comment:

  1. The only requirement is to have fun. We can't tell by looking at the finished product how long it took you.

    I know what it means to discover that a project you want to do is more involved than you thought, but I'm sure it will be lovely in the end, and uniquely your own from beginning to end.

    ReplyDelete