Sunday, February 17, 2019

A New Computer

I'm typing this little post on my new computer on the dining room table.  The light from the chandelier above is bright and I feel like I'm under a spotlight.  Both literally and figuratively.  Getting a new computer up and running is fraught with peril!  My old one was having trouble connecting to the internet and making me crazy. Would it work or wouldn't it?  Ah, that was the question! I conferred with Eric, my amazing son-in-law and computer tech, and he said it was probably a hardware problem and that I should be looking for a new computer.  Arghhh!!!

I vacillated and probably would have put the whole process off until too late, but Ann called yesterday noon and said they were heading to Costco and would I like to come along and look at computers.  The thought of being able to actually look at computers with Eric by my side was too good to resist so Dan and I agreed to go. And bought.  And here I am, typing away on my new Dell Inspiron.  So far (20 minutes in), I'm liking it. The keypads are spaced further apart like my old Toshiba and I'm so glad.  The ones on the HP I'm replacing were close together and drove me crazy.  (Notice how often that computer made me crazy?  It really was time for it to go.)

There is much work ahead of me to get email, printers, etc., up and running from this computer, and I'm sure Eric will have to come to my rescue, but at least I figured out how to get to my blog!! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! A new computer! And if you can get to your blog and post, you're basically up and running! You'll be fine! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed at what I've gotten done on this new one! Everything is up and running and now I just need to transfer files from the old one. Mostly I've just blundered my way, but somehow it's worked! My new keyboard is lighted and I can type in the dark!!

      Delete
    2. It's great that you've made so much progress with your set-up. I have a lighted keyboard, too, and I agree. It's nice to be able to keyboard in the dark.

      Delete