And the snow came down!! And down!! We got up to another four inches yesterday morning and it continued to snow throughout the morning adding another couple. This was the lacy view out our bedroom window:
So what's a girl to do when she's caught up on her housework (miracle!!) and has leftovers for dinner? Why she sews, of course. My longtime pal, Kathy, and I have been in conversation about our dolls this past week and she tipped me off to a free pattern on the internet for my 10" Tonner Ann Estelle doll. I made a test run of it on Tuesday and it turned out to be a good fit. It's a sleeveless dress so here's Ann Estelle modeling it with her white sweater turned back into a cardigan:
I learned a few things as I made the blue dress, so yesterday I headed straight down to my sewing room (see paragraph above) and decided to make another. I rooted around in my stash of doll fabrics and came up with a odd shaped scrap someone gave me years ago. Would it be enough? Yes! By making the skirt a little less full and shorter, I decided I could squeeze out a dress that would be perfect for the 4th of July. And here's AE modeling it for you all. I think she'll need red sandals to really set it off.
This pattern has many possibilities and I'm looking forward to trying out some more ideas. Meanwhile, I'm perusing adorable shoes in AE's size (which, unfortunately are not cheap!) because cute dresses need cute shoes.
I have yet to get started cutting and stitching on the Snowy Day quilt, but maybe today? ♥

Ha! AE is adorable in her new dresses. And to think! -- she's even ready for the Fourth of July! I, too, learn as I go, and then I always want to make another. Thanks for a great post! (Is the blue dress for Easter?)
ReplyDeleteI know! Who knew I could think that far ahead?? It was the fabric that made me think of it. And yes, I think the blue dress will be for Easter, but for Sophie as the blue should look good with her red hair. I added some buttons to the front and I'm thinking of adding a satin ribbon sash, but I don't have the right ribbon here at home. I have a Tonner pink dress that AE can wear.
DeleteMiss Chris as I read all of your wonderful posts. I keep thinking she needs to write a book. I so enjoy your posts. Even tho I got lost in the everyday busy life stuff and did not keep up. There is something so comforting reading your stories. I love your doll clothes. I am going to share your blog with our Ainsley she loves her American girl dolls. She loves reading more. Oh my I have never know anyone that reads as much as she does. She will love reading your posts.
ReplyDeleteOh I think I'm blushing! Thanks so much, Marty! Dolls sure bridge the age gap, don't they?
Delete