Thursday, July 28, 2016

Quilting...

I finished piecing the top of the pink and yellow quilt last week.  And here I have to admit to an error in my last post about it.  The block pattern is not shoo fly, but churn dash.  They are somewhat similar and will use that to justify my mistake. :-)


For a quilt that started out as a couple of test blocks, I love how it turned out.  I essentially used all the pink and yellow fat quarters I possessed (obviously they're not colors I use much) and then was stumped as to where to go next.  I kept pawing through my stash and came up with the green (it has tiny polka dots which are indiscernible in the photo) for the sashing and had enough of the small pink check left to cut inch and a half cornerstones.  The border really had me stumped until I found a yellow remnant from a long-ago quilt that was just enough. It's very feminine and I think it will make a lovely baby quilt.  

I'm in the process of putting it on my handi-quilter frame and hope to start stitching later today.  ♥  

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You're good. From start to finish in a week. That hardly ever happens to me.

    It's just beautiful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having so much fun figuring it out that I couldn't stop. Kinda like eating popcorn!

      Delete
  2. Nice quilt! I'm sure I missed it, but happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hallie. Yup, another year older. :-) Your mom and I met 62 years ago this fall!

      Delete