I know. It's been a very long time since I've checked in. Life sometimes gets in the way and as it does, the writing muse (as my friend Kathy would say) disappears. Last April and May, my dad who turned 93 on May 4, began to fail. We made it through the summer and I managed to peck away here once in a while, but by September, things began to go badly and we lost him the day after Thanksgiving. He was one of a kind and I'm so proud to have been his daughter.
Here are a few pictures from his life:
 |
| With his mother, circa 1935 |
 |
| Smokejumper, summer of 1946 |
 |
| Circa 1985 |
 |
| With Bruder Bear and me circa 2010 |
Life goes on, however, and I guess it's time I get back in the swing of things. I have been getting some quilting done and I'll share pictures in a day or so. It's been great therapy.
Welcome back! Something just said, "Check the Resort," and I did, and here you are. We have missed you and look forward to hearing -- and seeing -- what you've been doing.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kath. For a while I wondered if I'd ever get back, but all of a sudden today, it was easy.
DeleteI forgot to say that I enjoyed the pictures, esp. the one of your dad with his mother.
DeleteIt is hard to put our difficult life experiences into writing. I'm glad it unfolded for you in a natural way.
It seems odd that life can still go on when special people leave us. I'm glad you are doing some textile therapy. Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Hallie. I like what you said--it is odd. But today it seemed okay to write about it and move on.
Delete