Have I mentioned I have a few allergies? My body is strange (but then I think probably each of us has our own strangeness) and I'm allergic to such unusual things as oregano, chocolate, perfume, and flowers. Dan says it makes gift giving easy for him: a new sewing machine now and then and he's covered! :-) (I'm not a jewelry lover, either.)
Anyway, I digress. A little. Before Christmas I had a cold and seemed to have it licked. Then, the Friday after New Year's, I worked, as usual, at the quilt shop. Said quilt shop is also a flower shop. I have had problems with the flowers in the past, but as soon as I got to work that day, I started coughing. The florist was working away and had all manner of flowers spread out including my arch nemesis, lilies. By the end of the day, I was toast. I couldn't even talk without coughing. I came home and by the next morning, I was sick, sick, sick and coughing up a storm. Finally, after staying away from the shop, drinking lots of hot water with lemon and honey, and sleeping (when I could--cough, cough), I've come out the other side. But I confess I'm leery of going to work again next week. I may have to retire again because I don't think I can face another lily!
Meanwhile, nothing much has been accomplished here at the resort. I did finally start on my little wool stocking applique the other evening and am part way done. I think it's going to be cute.
The directions for this little project are among the worst I've ever seen so I'm kind of making it up as I go along. I have no idea if I'm doing it correctly or not, but as long as I like what I end up with, it'll be okay. I hope to work on it when I'm done with this post. Those pesky football games are on and I'm going to need something to keep my mind occupied because I don't think I'll be able to stand the suspense.
Ohh! Surely sorry to hear you've been so sick. I hope something works out that's good for both you and the shop. Well . . . maybe it's time to focus on what you want to do. Just what is that cute little stocking going to become? -- a little wall hanging?
ReplyDeleteThe stocking will be framed in a long black frame and hung next to the front door. I think it will be just right there. Now I just need to finish it! Getting close, though.
Delete