Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tires

As my faithful readers are aware, the winter season is bearing down on us and that calls for changing tires on our Tundra and Explorer.  Many years ago (as soon as we could afford it) we elected to have our snow tires mounted on their own rims so that Dan (who worked his way through undergraduate school at a tire shop) could easily change them at home.  Before that, he was able to change out the tires on each vehicle's only rims at the company shop where they had tire equipment for the company trucks.

With the advent of our snow this week, Dan changed out our tires on Monday.  On Tuesday our nephew, JR, stopped by to pick up some things we were storing for him and asked if Dan could help him change his tires. He'd tried for two days to get into our local Les Schwab Tire Center, but no luck.  The line of cars, even at 7:30 in the morning, was in the hundreds.  Dan was happy to be of help and in the process he added to JR's skill set.  Out came the compressor and the air gun, the floor jack, and the snow shovel so they could clear off the new falling snow around each tire.  

They had a good time, and in about forty-five minutes, JR was set to go with snow tires all around.

 Consultation in progress.

Air gun in hand.

Smile for the camera!

Dan now refers to our place as "Les Buck's Tire Shop and Waterbed Emporium, East Moscow Plant."  Too funny!

6 comments:

  1. Too funny -- yes -- and so Moscow, with the "emporium" part. I hear it's supposed to be warmer on Monday when I drive to Moscow again. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really understand the waterbed emporium part... ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't understand "waterbed emporium" either but didn't want to come off as ignorant. But if you don't know, Hallie, then it's okay for me to say I don't know. Still -- it sounds very Moscow.

      Delete
  3. He was just being funny and intimating that if you didn't guess that "Les(s) Buck's" is a low class outfit, adding that it also sells waterbeds confirms it. (Remember all the scummy waterbed ads on TV in the 70's and 80's?)

    ReplyDelete