Yesterday was a busy day and it was a fun one. After a busy first part of the day getting the usual morning things out of the way, I headed to the shop where I had scheduled a class on the Christmas wall hanging I posted about here. My long-time pal, Kathy, was up for the class and we had a great time stitching and visiting. The class members got a lot accomplished and we'll meet again in two weeks to finish the project.
When the class was over, I headed home where I knew family members had gathered for a visit. My niece Jennifer and her son Grant are visiting from Oklahoma, and they, along with Mom were at the house, with Ann and Daniel arriving soon after I got there. The little boys are just a few weeks apart in age and have hit it off every time they've been together and yesterday was no exception.
They began their interaction with Daniel showing Grant the floor grate in our living room (which allows warm air upstairs from the wood insert in the family room fireplace). Apparently there was once something caught in there that Daniel had noticed and they were checking to see if it was still there. (FYI--I can't see anything.)
From there they progressed to the wooden train set...
and putting marbles in the bucket of a truck...
which led to hide-and-seek in the "boy's room" ...
and culminated in a laugh-filled free-for-all on the bed!
Those little cousins had a great time and not a cross word was heard between the two of them. They kept the grown-ups entertained and the cameras flashing! All too soon it was time for Jenny, Grant, and Mom to leave and another cousin visit is firmly etched in our memories. ♥
What happened to great-grandpappy? Not up for the leisurely lunch?
ReplyDeleteAnd Kathy, upon leaving the shop, went to Safeway to pick up a couple of things for supper. And who did she see but Joni and Pat (sister and brother-in-law) -- another happy reunion.
And today I stitched out all the red design blocks while I did some ironing. I know - it's not the plan we discussed but I'm moving along with it for a couple of reasons.
Great pics of the little boys having fun.
Yes, I think you hit it just right--he stayed home, it was said, to "rake leaves." Probably more to his liking than a long lunch for sure.
DeleteGood going on the blocks! My idea was only a suggestion to keep things moving so they didn't loom big at the end.
How fun that you happened onto Joni and Pat! I haven't seen them in quite a while. The last time might have been at Papa Murphy's a few years ago.
The boys are getting big! What a fun time. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Hallie! Yes, they are getting big! I put these pictures in a folder just for their visits together, and I couldn't believe how little they looked in the first pictures I took of them almost two years ago.
Delete