Hmm, I should be down on the NordicTrack, but I'll make this fast. I teach embroidery club at the shop this week and amazingly enough, I came up with a project (a potholder) two months ago and made up a sample. But I didn't write the instructions. Bad! I needed to get those instructions written up, but I couldn't remember exactly how I made it. So, on Saturday, faced with a diminishing time frame, I headed down to my sewing room and commenced to recreating my project.
Actually, it was a good thing because I was able to try a couple of different thoughts, so now I have two samples to share and participants can see the difference and take their pick of methods. Here's a picture of my two.
The one with blue batik binding is my first sample. (An interesting geometric truism is at play here: I assure you that both potholders are exactly the same size, but the one with brown binding looks long in the middle as your eye travels up the center, and the dark binding around the outside edge seems to make it contract and look smaller around. Thinking of you, Mrs. Towles!!)
I've had a circular sewing attachment for my Berninas for years and I was pleased to be able to use it on this project. Worked like a champ!
I've had a circular sewing attachment for my Berninas for years and I was pleased to be able to use it on this project. Worked like a champ!
And now, I'm off to huff and puff!! ♥
THAT is a very clever pot holder! It looks like you can slide your thumb and finders in the slit, yes?
ReplyDeleteYes! Your mom put me onto the design and I figured out a new way to make them. :-)
DeleteHow about that! Good lady, my mom. :)
DeleteWhy, thank you! I told Chris we could never have too many potholders . . . or dishtowels, or shopping bags, or wall hangings -- whatever. It's the fact of getting together, practicing the technique, and learning from one another that's important. Chris does a great job.
DeleteHallie, you are so right! :-) And Kathy, so are you--no such thing as too many useful items. And tomorrow we'll have one more!
Delete