Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Accomplished!

I got the binding attached to my fall quilt yesterday, and last night I sat on the sofa beside my bee-u-ti-ful and oh-so-handy new end table and hand stitched it to the back.  It's done!


It brightens the corner and now I need to make some type of wall quilt to match.  Hmmm, do I have time before Thanksgiving?  I usually watch little Daniel on Wednesday afternoons but Ann just called to say I got the day off, so I may just head downstairs and hope for an instant idea.  (Miracles do happen!)

Here's the whole quilt:


Hooray for a finish!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for a finish -- and despite your worries, it's just beautiful. It says "fall."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does say fall. At first, when I was making it, it seems too bright, but then I looked out the window and saw the same colors outside. Right on!!!

      And I spared myself some agony. I got out an old wall quilt and put it over the sofa table, It's too small, but it's okay, and much better than the red and green log cabin star that was there. Now I can work on Christmas and then make just the right one for fall next summer. Or in January. :-)

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean. Last year I lamented to sister Harriet that I didn't have time to make a holiday table runner. She looked at me like I was nuts. "Go to Ross and by one for $5.00," she said. I don't just whip things out, so I have to preserve my sanity by picking and choosing my projects.

      Delete