Snow flakes are drifting down, a loaf of artisan bread is in the oven, and homemade split pea soup is ready to be reheated. What?!? Doesn't everyone stay home on Valentine's Day and eat soup and bread? I do admit, however, that we did go to our favorite Mexican restaurant last night and split a Fiesta Platter (appetizer sampler). It was yummy and a perfect pre-Valentine date--no crowds.
We here at the resort hope you are all enjoying a cozy day.

I couldn't help but think as I looked at the ads for steak and lobster, flowers and chocolates, that these things just don't appeal to us. Our entree was crockpot pork chops cooked with apples and brown sugar. My concession to the day was frosted heart-shaped cupcakes decorated with heart-shaped marshmallows.
ReplyDeleteYour dinner sounds wonderful! And you had dessert! We didn't even have that. There were brownies in the cookie jar, however. Even when we were first married we didn't do a big Valentine's Day thing. I like your comment that "these things just don't appeal to us." Well said. I'm just so thankful for my sweetie every single day!
DeleteGrateful for your sweetie everyday -- that's the way to be.
Delete