My loyal readers may remember that my brother's oldest daughter had a baby boy just weeks before our grandson Daniel was born. Both moms have been looking forward to a time when the little cousins would meet, and it happened yesterday. Jennifer and Grant flew in from Louisiana to visit Bruder Bear and Karen, and took the time to drive up to visit Great Papa and Gigi and us.
Yesterday was a busy day for me and I missed seeing the visit in the pictures below. I had already agreed to work at the quilt shop to fill in for the usual staff member, and it was embroidery club day as well. It's amazing how you can have nothing going on for weeks and then everything happens on one day. Wonder of wonders, the little boys got along famously which is amazing for 13-month olds.
Here's a shot of Gigi, granddaughters Jennifer and Ann, and great grandsons Grant and Daniel:
Jenny, Gigi and Grant stopped at the shop before they left to go back to Gigi and Great Papa's house, so I did get to see them and get hugs.
Sure did love seeing them! And so happy the little guys are friends.
Just so you know -- Hallie and I read and discussed this post even though it just wasn't a time when we could respond. I'm so sorry I missed seeing the little guys and the big folks, too, on Thursday. If the little guys can be friends at 13 months, they'll be friends forever.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you missed seeing them, too. I don't think you've ever met Jenny--she's such a sweetheart. I'm so glad Dan took pictures so I could see Daniel and Grant together. I think you're right--they'll be friends forever. That would be wonderful!
Delete