Thursday, July 22, 2010

White Blog

Apparently The Cutest Blog on the Block, the provider for my blog background is having to change hosting sites and they are swamped with people trying to change over code to keep their backgrounds. I was able to get on for a brief moment, copied the new code, and pasted it into my blog design. I must have goofed somehow, and now, my blog is . . . UGLY WHITE!!! Oh well, sooner or later I'll be able to get on the site and fix this. But I did love my background and hope I'll be able to find and keep it.

Meanwhile, it's (sorta) cleaning day here at the resort. The rest of the staff from the shop is coming over on Saturday and we're having an all-day sew-in. Should be lots of fun, but I'm thinking I should probably dust and clean a few sinks before then. Bruder Bear will be down at my parents' this weekend for his 40th high school reunion (have I mentioned he's my younger brother??) and Mom has invited us down for lunch with them tomorrow. Dan has to work, but I'm driving down, so that means the cleaning has to happen today.

Other news? I've been making some of those little dresses for African girls featured on Sewing with Nancy (link on her website) and they are so fun to make! My friend Nancy tipped me off to them and now she is organizing a sewing day in August for ladies in our church to get together and make as many as we can. I'm working on dress number three right now. I'll post some pictures next week.

And now I'm off to, um, dust? Clean another sink? Ahh, as usual, the excitement never ends here at The Resort! Meanwhile, happy Thursday. :-)

UPDATE Saturday: Got my background back!! Yay!

5 comments:

  1. SOunds like fun.. all except for the cleaning part! Sometimes I'd just kill to have a maid! I'm pretty sure Jim would shoot me, LOL.

    Thanks for adding my blog badge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Nancy making those little dresses. I have so much I want to do that I squelched the inclination to sit right down and make one. I am considering a pillowcase dress for Emmy -- much the same idea.

    Okay -- I'm going to try to post my comment. suddenly I'm having troubles with my Google profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the second person's blog now that I've seen turn white. Interesting.....

    Hope you have a nice weekend, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! When I come here the page is white. Then I wait ten seconds or so and the background pops in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, sometimes it takes a few moments to show up for me, too. Their new hosting site must be a tad slower. Sure am happy to have my dots and flowers back, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete