Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Little of This 'n That

The sky is blue today, and big white fluffy clouds are floating around. We had a terrific wind storm yesterday and the temperature has dropped about twenty degrees. Definitely cool. I just made cookies and am taking a well deserved rest for my tootsies. The recliner footrest is up. :-)

This morning Dan and I were up fairly early and decided to take ourselves downtown to the bakery for breakfast. I had a huge and wonderful cinnamon roll, half of which is in a container waiting to be finished at tomorrow's breakfast. I love sitting in the booth, facing the window, and watching the people go by as Dan and I visit. Our town has quite a mix of people and this morning I watched a tall, slender grey-haired lady in shorts and jacket walk her large dog across the street. She looked marvelous. A small girl went by on her daddy's shoulders and her smug smile told us she thought she must be the luckiest girl in the world. An older lady walked slowly by with an obviously handicapped young woman. Our town has a number of "group homes" and we often see small groups of residents being shepherded around streets and stores by caretakers.

Last week I was busy cleaning less than fun places around the house: under the kitchen sink, wiping down the kitchen cupboards with lemon oil, etc. This week I'm cleaning too, but it's computers. Or maybe arranging would be a better word. Or maybe shuffling. I've got stuff on three different ones. Mostly I'm dealing with embroidery designs, but old discs of pictures are being unburied, too, which has been fun and nostalgic.

I'll leave you with one:


April, 2002. Cameron is one, Ryan, two. Where does the time go?

3 comments:

  1. Aw... they're adorable!
    You tackled one of my most dreaded chores... cleaning cabinets. Mine really need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little man looks so little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they are adorable little men.

    I don't know which is worse -- cleaning cabinets or cleaning the computer. I have several I should clean as well -- computers, that is.

    ReplyDelete