Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Couple of Projects...

Just a quickie post to show what I've been up to in the last few days. The first is a "piece in the hoop" project for shop display. It was interesting to do even though I started with the wrong size pieced heart and had to enlarge the design for the appliqued heart to match. A learning experience! The colors match the star quilt I did earlier this year. Guest room accessories??


The other project is this tissue cover for a big size Kleenex box. I'm doing an embroidery retreat at the shop in a few weeks and the projects are all bath related, kind of a "redo your bath" concept. I created this pattern and added the designs using my Explorations software and I was so greatful for the articles mode so I could specify the exact size of the top and front of the box. Now I just need to write up the instructions.


And now I'm off the the laundry room to take another load out of the dryer! Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am REALLY liking this tissue cover, Chris. How pretty !

    The heart piece is so soft and feminine - just perfect for a little girl's room

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart wallhanging is really cute... and I LOVE the tissue cover, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete