The first two I made are identical except for the hem area. I used a stitch on my machine that looks like ric rac and used yellow thread on one and purple on the other. Here's a closeup of the purple stitching:
The last one I made is trimmed with some blue satin ribbon I found in my brief case. I think it was used by one of my students to tie around a present when I retired last year. It was perfect for this dress.
As my friend Nancy says, "Imagine a world where every little girl owned at least one dress. What if that dress were made by you?"
These dresses are so fun to make! They're almost addictive. If you'd like to give one a try yourself, here's the link to the site with information and the pattern: Little Dresses for Africa
Aw... those are so sweet Chris, and how wonderful of you to do them! What stitch did you use for the faux ric rac?
ReplyDeleteI agree -- adorable dresses, wonderful project.
ReplyDeleteLOVING the faux rick rack. Definitely a PLUS !
ReplyDelete