I finally remembered to take the camera down to my sewing room to get a snap or two of the baby quilt I've been working on. I'm quite smitten with it and think I'll be able to use this pattern many more times.
| The pattern (purchased from The Fat Quarter Shop) |
And here's my version. I thought I'd used two different fabrics for the large pieces as they show in the pattern, but in the end used the same for all of them.
| My modified version |
Only fat quarters are needed for the colored portions, so the opportunities are endless for recreating this over and over with very different looks.
Meanwhile, this grammy is beside herself with excitement as Cameron has landed in Seattle and will shortly be winging his way to Spokane and his mom and dad and brothers!! As Ann texted me, there isn't a smiling emoji big enough to express her (and our!) feelings about this day. ♥♥♥
Two wonderful things in one post -- a new baby quilt and Cam's return to our land.
ReplyDeleteIs the quilt for donation? Your interpretation of the pattern is lovely.
Just got back from dinner with the family. So good to hug Cam!! And to hear some of his stories. :) Yes, the quilt is for donation. Hopefully it will wrap some baby boy with love.
DeleteSo good! Cam ventured out and came back with new knowledge and experiences. And you all should give yourselves a pat on the back for letting him do it.
DeleteI'm sure that some baby boy will feel the warmth of love when he's wrapped in your lovely quilt.