The calendar says it's the middle of August, but there's a touch of fall in the air. It seems that the few last years, fall arrives about now. The days are warm, high 70s maybe 82, and the nights are cool. So much for the "hot August nights" of my youth. And believe me, I'm not complaining! I'm loving each and every day.
I took a little tour of my pots of flowers a bit ago and snapped a couple of pictures. I'm so not a gardener, but I do enjoy my pots and remember to water them every day or so. Dan puts them together every May, and I keep them going until fall when we store them in our sun room for the winter months.
| Corner of the deck |
| One of these on each side of the garage |
| Front porch |
From the looks of these photos, we like red! Whenever I drive up, I love to see the color all across the front.
And speaking of driving, I had a fun morning at a coffee shop with three other ladies of the neighborhood celebrating the recent retirement of one of them. Now we're all retired and think maybe we need to do this more often! We all marveled that we'd reached this point when we think we're just a bunch of spring chickies. No complaints, however!
A new baby quilt is in the works and I'll try to post some pictures in a day or so. ♥
So true that I just don't feel my age, even though I know I'm basically out of it.
ReplyDeleteCan hardly wait to see the new baby quilt!
I finally did a post about it!!
Delete