Sunday, December 16, 2018

Getting Closer!

Yes, Christmas is getting closer!  I am so happy I got the cards all done last Thursday and in the mail on Friday. There have been years. . .

And now I'm on to present wrapping and plan to start on the baking this week.  I'm so glad to have a freezer to store cookies in so they'll be fresh when needed.  Spritz, gingerbread, shortbread, and maybe some frosted sugar cookies.  Oh yes, and some candy cane cookies. Fudge?  You bet!  All of these are a tradition and would be missed by the usual attendees.  

I'm doing a little more in the sewing room.  I've always wanted Christmas pillowcases for the queen bed guest room and decided this was the year.  I have the first one almost done.  I'll be back at it tomorrow--unless we decide to head to Costco.

I finished a small machine embroidered wall hanging this year and remembered to hang it up this week.  The design is done in my jumbo hoop on my 830 and though the picture isn't the best (so hard to take a picture of something on the wall), I think you can see how it turned out.  Even after all the years I've had my 830, I'm still amazed at the large designs it can do.  So fun!!


And now I'll sign off for the time being--I think I'll wrap another present or two.  ♥

2 comments:

  1. I admire you for baking all those cookies, Chris. Spritz and shortbread were never my favorites, but Mother loved them. Someone once wrote that any cookie will do, but that just isn't true for me. I do plan to make frosted cookies of some sort.

    Do you have a cookie shooter, or do you use a manual press?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookies are my thing, and I'm with your mom on the spritz and shortbread. Dan loves them, too. I had a cookie shooter long ago, but I blew the side out of the barrel and bought a manual press. It does have a trigger, rather than the screw of the old aluminum Mirro press of Mom's that I used in my early married days.

      And I agree--any cookie will NOT do. They must be official Christmas cookies!

      Delete