We took a little road trip down to the Bruder Bear Resort for a few days and had a most wonderful time relaxing and visiting with John and Karen. We drove as far as McCall the first day and enjoyed a night at the Hunt Lodge and dinner at Lardo's. Lardo's is such a funky place, but the food is always delicious.
We got up the next morning, enjoyed a yummy breakfast at the Lodge and hit the trail for Boise and parts east. Have I ever mentioned how I hate driving on interstates? I used to love them, but now they are so clogged with huge trucks that it's a nightmare. It was my turn to drive, so I clenched the wheel and hit the gas pedal. I was so thankful when we rolled into Bruder Bear's driveway! And he was actually standing there waiting to greet us!
The views from their deck are incredible. The water was like glass when I caught this photo.
Their house is right on the Snake River facing northeast and the weather was perfect the whole time we were there, so the deck was used every day, well into the evening. Amazing weather for the middle of October. We ate several meals out there and as usual, Karen spoiled us with her cooking.
We loved our time with them and look forward to seeing them again soon. Thanks, Bruder Bear! ♥
Beautiful picture. I'm sure it's a picturesque place to live.
ReplyDeleteThe interstates are all about trucking -- and getting there. Sometimes I wonder what the world would be like if we hadn't let the railways die.
Back when John lived in the midwest I loved the in the interstates, but times have changed. I think letting the railways go was a mistake; but I'm not in charge. (Just behind the wheel...)
DeleteA very nice scene, indeed!
ReplyDelete