Tuesday, April 8, 2014

More Green

My sweetie found the bushes, they're called boxwood, at a local landscaping store yesterday, so we bought seven and he came home and planted them between the arborvitae.  They'll be easy to keep shaped (so he tells me) and will provide good coverage when they get a little bigger.  I can't wait until they hide the vents. Maybe by the end of the summer?  Meanwhile, I think they're very cute.


Spring seems to have sprung and soon there'll be a lot more green around here as the buds on trees and bushes should be popping any day.  If it stays warm enough, we can fill the planters and bring them out for some color.  It's time!

Things are happening down in the sewing room, too.  It feels good to be stitching again.  ♥

2 comments:

  1. Great work! When the boxwoods get bigger, you might even have to transplant a couple. I'm no landscaper, either, but when we did our little planter area at the condo, I was surprised at how big things got. I tried very hard to keep things small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan planted boxwood at our old house and kept them pruned back with great success so we're thinking these can stay short (once they hide the vents). We do plan to let them widen and fill in the empty spaces. But you're right--the natural thing for plants is to get big!

      Delete