my new computer! Yes friends, my trusty old faithful with the baked-in-the-oven motherboard started to fail me again last week. As the week unfolded, I found I could only connect to the internet intermittently, it wouldn't shut down at night (but not every night!), and one day the keyboard wouldn't work until I rebooted it. It appeared that the time had come to buy a new computer and so on Friday, we did just that. I took the plunge and got one with a touch screen. Time will tell if that was a good idea or not; right now it's kinda fun.
So far I've managed to install Microsoft Office and download and install Chrome and iTunes. We've pulled much of the content of my old computer onto an external drive but I've yet to deal with all that. I was thrilled that adding our printers was a piece of cake though! In the past it's usually been a long and hard-fought struggle and I was prepared for another one today so I'm very thankful.
Here's my new baby in all its Windows 8.1 touchscreen glory:
Meanwhile, down in the sewing room, I finished the appliqued table runner. The border is a mass of pieces, but it all came together pretty well in the end. I just quilted around the applique and stitched in the ditch to quilt the border.
I used my Bernina 830's buttonhole stitch (stitch #1329) to applique the center pieces. I should have pressed it before I took the pictures, but . . . Oh well!
Now that I'm back in my sewing room, I'm anxious to start another project! ♥
What kind of laptop? Where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteThe tablerunner is beautiful! Such nice depth! Where do you plan to use it?
This is an HP Pavillion. My old one was a Toshiba. We got it at Office Depot which was fortuitous as the first one was defective--it's WiFi card didn't work well. It was only a trip across town to get a new one (they were excellent about it and the whole return probably didn't take five minutes) instead of a trip to Costco (where we almost bought one back in January).
DeleteI'm not certain where I'll use the runner. I always have to audition new ones and see where they best fit--the kitchen, dining room or coffee table in the living room. I'll let you know.
Resolving problems is so much easier with a local purchase -- and so often these days we need recourse. My first laptop was an HP Pavilion and I loved it. I'm happy for you. May it serve you well for 3-5 years. By then you'll want a new one anyway.
DeleteI'm thinking that we need to get new (of anything) every few years or we will have waited too long and not be able to make the jump to all the changes. Sad, but it seems to be true anymore.
DeleteI agree. And anyway, it just seems to me that electronics don't last much longer than three years.
Delete